Tuesday, January 27, 2009

One of Those Days

Do you ever have one of those days? I do! This picture of Marty might explain it all. Here he is eating pee smellers (that's what we call them in our family...they're golden puffs) that he pulled out of the pantry and spilled, and he's wearing half of his pajamas because I was too lazy to put the other half back on after a diaper change. Oh, and did I mention it's after 5 pm? A few days ago was definitely one of those days where I was in my pjs when Josh got home from work and pretty much nothing was accomplished while he was gone. But, at least we had fun!

He knows he won't get into trouble with a cute face like that!

Notice the pieces of cereal glued to his leg? Yummy!

Aubrey was so excited to show me this. Yeah, it's tissue shoved up her nose. She's gross!


The other day, Aubrey was asking me about Jesus. Where He lives...when He will come back to Earth...where heaven is...you get the picture. Then she breaks out into song. Here's the jist of it. It's kinda cute! (can be sung to the melody of your choosing)

Space!
I could go see Jesus
If I was dead
I could come back to life
and come back from space

I could go see Jesus
if I was dead
(then she threw in... )
I can go potty by myself
because I'm big
(random - she's been potty trained for 1.5 years)
I don't know that she'll be a songwriter when she grows up, but we loved it! Here's to a more productive day tomorrow. Well, lets just shoot for being out of my pjs before Josh gets home from work. ;)

6 comments:

grandma jojo said...

but it's fun to stay in your pjs all day.
love marty. i am so glad he can now find his own food. you won't have to make breakfast for him anymore.
and aubs' song. i think she just might be a songwriter.

Mandee said...

I'm glad we're not the only ones that have days like that.

Love Aubs, and the tissue up her nose, and her song! She is the best!

loriallen said...

Aubs is like a total songwriter in the making! It's a bit depressing about being dead, but hey, she wants to see Jesus! Love the cereal on the leg. It's likehis portable cereal storage!

fivewheeler said...

Cally, I feel you! We have had a week like that too. In fact yesterday Aydan brought me some clothes and told me it was time to get dressed but honestly its more comfortable to clean up the flu in PJs. Oh, and by the way that is a perfect name for Golden Puffs...you always know when your kids have eaten that.

Goodrich said...

Hey- Long time no see or hear. How the world are you doing? I sure miss you. I will probably be heading up next month- Spring Break. Can I say you make me sick- all your food storage in one place and the fact that you did it with only your moms help. YOU ROCK THE HOUSE!!!! CAN YOU TEACH ME! LOVE YOU!!!

Sara said...

That is soooo funny! That is the best song.