Friday, February 6, 2009

Snowshoes and Snow cones

Last Saturday Josh and I took the kids snowshoeing. It now comes highly recommended at our house! The kids and I had never been before, but Josh has been going for the last 2 years. The kids had filled their obedience jars (they get pennies for doing what they're asked and for not saying NO) and so for a reward we bought them each snowshoes. Future rewards will not be so elaborate, but this time it was so worth it! I can see us doing this often as a family.

We went up the canyon and found a nice FLAT trail to let the kids try out the new toys. We had so much fun. I'll let the pictures tell the story...they do much better than me.

Our kids have been wanting snow cones for the last few weeks (they must be excited for summer), so when we were done snow shoeing, I gathered some snow in a cooler. Most people drink hot choco after outdoor winter activities but not our family...snow cones! Josh thinks I'm crazy and that I was going to give the kids some sickness, but the snow cones were great (by the way, none of us got sick!). The kids loved choosing their own KoolAid flavor and now we'll have to take a few more trips up the canyon to replenish our "clean" snow supply.

Vince chose grape and Bobsy chose Strawberry

You know it's good when it's dripping off your chin.

We loved our new family activity. Thanks Honey Pie for getting us hooked. One of these weekends Josh & I will be getting a babysitter so that we can go on a longer and more strenuous expedition...wish me luck, I may die of exhaustion!

On a side note...the other day Aubrey told me I was "scrumptious". Nothing could have made me happier than to know I'm scrumptious!

6 comments:

loriallen said...

Lance and I are both laughing our heds off at the pictures!tHY ARE ADORABLE! Aub's PINK snowshoes, the kids LOVING their new snowshoes, going out in the front yard to try them out! So, no lemon snowcones? Hehe

Sara said...

You guys do such fun stuff. We're so boring compared to you guys.

Cally said...

Sara,
That's because we only blog about the fun stuff. We're plenty boring ourselves...believe me!

Allen Family said...

Snow Shoeing...so fun! I've only been once, long ago, but I quite liked it too. That's a great idea for Winter. You know me, I totally struggle to enjoy winter time, especially snow. I think that looks so fun though. And nature's snow cones rule! A little dirt and germs is good for kids' immune systems, right? love you.

Frischknecht Family said...

Hey this is Brittany one of your many many cousins 8*)
OK so I was wondering if you and your mother are for hire around bottling season...haha I'm jealous of your food storage. I need to know how you save so much $$ I'm new to the pyp's game but while at at Escalante bball game she told me you were amazing. So don't be surprised if you get a random phone call from me :)
Brittany

grandma jojo said...

love the pics. you guys are so cute. i'm proud of the kids for earning their snowshoes. go kids!