The kids and I started our love day celebrations on Friday by making chocolate heart suckers for friends and cousins. Vince and Aubs had so much fun. They thought it was awesome that we could make our own suckers. But, I think they were more excited to pick out the perfect one to mail to each cousin. Later that day we delivered them to their friends. They were so excited to show what they had made. Aubrey would ring the doorbell, hand them their sucker and valentine and run away without a word. It was funny. Her friends would just stand there confused. We're kind of addicted to making suckers now. We can't wait to do it again. Hopefully all of the cousins got theirs in the mail. I'm sure they were in a few pieces by then but remember it was the thought that counts.
Here are some pictures of the sucker making process. The kids
loved that they could do it themselves.
Some of the finished product. We made soooooo many
suckers, but it was so much fun.
...Redvines and tulips...
because he was going on a scout campout Friday night.
He knows me so well. Chocolate is wasted on me,
but Redvines have a special place in my heart.
Not to mention that I cannot stop eating them.
But, I did manange to have these last a while.
While I was helping Josh get his camping stuff in the car, Marty found the redvines. It was so stinking cute. The first picture is when he realized he was busted. The next picture if when Josh was walking to him to take away the bucket o licorice. He was not happy to have been discovered. I'm sure he would have stayed and munched for hours.
While Josh was gone, we had a mom/kids paaaaarrrrtttty. We ordered pizza, had a picnic in the front room, and watched a movie. We also had a slumber party in the front room. I'm trying really hard to make the ordinary in our house really fun. We had so much fun just relaxing til the wee hours. Good thing the wee hours were 10 pm or else we would have regretted it the next day.
I asked Aubrey why she was sitting like this to eat and she said,
"Because that's how Troy does it on High School Musical 3".
Yes, my daughter is obsessed with HSM and is growing up way too fast
and picking up on way too many things. I'm scared for the future!
When Josh got home the next day, we kicked our Valentines to the kids. I love kicking Valentines to our kids. We pound on the door, ring the door bell a bunch and run through the garage back into the house. They start screaming and run to catch us at the door. They always know it's us, but they still have fun. I wonder how long the excitement will last? Hopefully forever!
He is very excited to start track.
They actually love each other at times.
Aubrey was seranading us with HSM songs.
What we looked like after eating the dipped strawberries.
As you can see I am really behind on updating my blog, so I have made a goal. I am going to update every other day with the past info. I know it seems pointless to update stuff from a month ago, but I want to remember for myself. So, either bear with me or just catch back up in a few weeks when we are actually current.
5 comments:
Man, you're kids are beautiful! You all have a lot of fun! Delicious fun! Thanks for updating your blog! I love seeing all the Grant's beautiful faces! Marty knows how to cute you down! I can't believe how much older he is! Aub's and Vince are having some serious fun! Good luck with track! That is awesome girl! Love ya!
Cally....You're alive. I am so glad and I am so happy that you told us about Love day. It looked like fun.
thanks cally. i needed that!
i will be checking every other day, so you had better keep going!
can't wait to see you guys in a week (or so).
It was actually the first time I "bottled" or used a pressure canner. It was really easy. I followed Wendy DeWitt's instructions. Go to her blog....everythingunderthesunblog.blogspot.com...print her whole blog out and save it. She has an AWESOME method for food storage, but she also gives step by step instructions on bottling meats. If I were you I'd get 2 canners ( I borrowed 4 and had a campchef cooking some outside, too) It saves a lot of time. The chicken is yummy! It tastes betterthan boiled chicken, probably because the juices are Pressurized into the chicken more than just boiling in an open pot. I just put 1/4 tsp of salt in each bottle, that was it. However I've heard people like to season their chicken, brown it, etc. However if you season everything you won't be able to use the chicken in more of a variety of recipes later. The only problem is NOT using it. It's so nice to not have to cook chicken, and just open up a bottle and make enchiladas in a snap! :) It's SO much easier than bottling fruits....just cut up 1 breast, and if I would change anything I would have done ALL QUART jars. Fill it up to 1 1/2" from the very top of the jar. She suggested 1 inch, but I had juices coming out with the first batch. Call me if you get going and want help...435-313-5223 Good Luck!
We used to make suckers and other chocolates with my mom. You reminded my how much I loved doing it. Looks like I should do the same with my kids too!
Well, it looks like you had a great v-day and I love how you always seem to make the ordinary fun and extraordinary. You are my hero. Seriously.
Post a Comment