Friday, April 24, 2009

Payment!

It's days...or moments...like this that I love, love, love being a mom.

I'm the carpool driver for kindergarten this week. Today I had to talk to Vince's teacher about a book order so I followed him into his class. After I talked to his teacher I told him I was leaving. Here's the conversation that followed.

Me: See ya Vince!

Vince: "Bye Mom! Oh! Can you come give me hugs and kisses before you leave? And can you tell Aubrey that I want hugs and kisses from her too?"

Yes, my heart melted!

He gave me hugs and kisses in front of his entire class. How long will this last? I'm thinking it's almost over and I will miss those good hugs and kisses!

(My little sweetheart!)

I love moments like this that you are so happy you put in the time and effort and give up so much for your kids. Even though this has been a slightly rough week...you all read about my breakdown earlier...I'm so glad to be a mom who has the opportunity to stay home with my kids. Yes, even though they only get injured in my presence! :)

4 comments:

grandma jojo said...

i hope it never goes away!
i had a son that gave me a kiss every morning i dropped him off at school ~ high school! if front of anyone who happened to be walking by us. i think vince will be like that.
btw it wasn't your husband, i don't think i ever drove him to high school.

Allen Family said...

Hey, I just read your last 2 posts! Sorry about little Marty. That totally stinks. We always talk about how dangerous tramps are...but Lex and I agree, you can't avoid them. They are just too much fun! I broke my wrist on one and I know Lex broke Luke's leg on one. Let Aubrey have the bragging rights to this one when she gets older :) Hope your trip was fun. Loves, Jes

Doty Family said...

Staying home is the greatest! I worked up until the last 2 years and I would take being a stay at home mom any day! Wouldn't it be nice, though if we got paid for all the jobs that we do!!!

loriallen said...

That sweet thatVince oves even in spite of you:) Sorry I just had to give it one last shot!