Good Times...
A few weeks ago most of my family was able to go with us to the Draper temple open house. My sister and her family stayed at our house the night before. The kids were so excited to see each other. We finally put on a movie in Aubrey's room around 11 pm and made a good ole' cousin sleep over scene. They had lots of fun!
Finally asleep!
This is how it looked the next morning...no kids! They all ended up in bed with their parents.
Maybe next time they'll make it all night at the sleepover.
The next morning we had to leave around 8 am to make it to the temple for our reservation.It was an amazing experience. I am so glad that we were able to share that experience with our family and especially with our kids. It was awesome to see the reverence they had for the temple. It was obvious that they felt the special spirit that is always there. The reverence was broken once - when Vince said (as we entered the Celestial room and he caught sight of the chandelier) -
"Oh cool! A disco ball!
How funny is that! I'm sure that others got a little laugh out of it too. Afterward we went to lunch with everyone and headed our separate ways. Thanks to everyone who drove forever to share the experience with us. We missed the families who couldn't make it!
The whole gang.
Mom, Cas, and Jerz - Cassy, what was so exciting?
Luke and Kels
Our fam. The kids insisted on kneeling in front. Who knows?
Good Deals...
As most of you know, I'm completely obsessed with Pinching your Pennies. It's an addiction that I am fully aware of and am not doing much to curb. Sorry Josh! But, this last weekend I had an especially great shopping trip so I had to share. Here a pic to show my haul. It doesn't do it justice so I will explain.
26 boxes of oatmeal
29 (8 packs) of Juicy Juice (232 total juice boxes)
31 bottles of Juicy Juice
4 Boxes Macaroni Grill dinners (great for Young Womens nights)
4 bags of bagels
20 cans of Chef Boyardee (great for babysitter nights)
1 bottle of Sobe Life water (free)
1 bottle of Sobe Life water (free)
2 nail clippers (free)
4 nail files (free)
2 eyeshadow make ups (free)
8 pounds grapes
2 pounds chicken (free)
So, by my estimations, this would have cost around...$295.00 at Wally World. (Remember, just a rough estimate. I think it might actually be a really low estimate.) Do you want to know what I paid for all of it? Just over $50.00! Can you believe that? I think that is amazing! Maybe I'm crazy, but I thought it was great. Now I need a break for a week or so to recover. Now onto...
Good Food...
My hubby is a culinary expert! Last summer he made, yes made!, his own smoker bbq. He bought a 50 gal. drum and made a bbg. A-MAZ-ing! With this smoker he has created some masterpieces. Believe me! His latest was on Saturday. He smoked a brisket for about 8 hours (or more...Josh, a little help with the time). It was super delish!
I am lucky to have a hubby that loves to cook. In all reality he is a much better cook than I. Here's to the next round of good times, good deals, and good food!
4 comments:
So when did you want to come down and teach me and my friends how to do all this couponing? We have tried to get this other girl to show us, but she's not committing. I'll even pay for your gas, or we can charge each girl $5 bucks at the door. And No, I'm not joking. I would really like to know more on this. I've tried a few times on my own, but I don't think I'm grasping the whole thing. email me if it's easier to talk about it~alygirl5@yahoo.com
I love a deal!I especially love great food! Kudos to Josh!!! I be that was scrumptuous! Love ya!
so post more info on this coupon stuff! :) Nice to see the fam! I wish I had that slab of meat in front of me right now!
Geez, just rub the coupon stuff in everyones face :) or just my face becuase i was to handicap to catch on to it jk!!!! Oh by the way, good job at getting those pictures from the temple since, somebody was slacking and didnt sen them to you!!! It was alot of fun, thanks again. Hope everyones good.
Post a Comment