Thursday, December 11, 2008

Meaning of Christmas

I overheard Vince & Aubrey's conversations today about the meaning of Christmas and I love it.

Vince: "Aubrey, what will you be thinking about on Christmas day?"
Aubrey: "Santa Clause."

V: (buzzer sound effect) "Buzz! Wrong answer! Try again."
A: "Santa's reindeer."

V: "Wrong again."
A: "Frosty the Snowman."

V: "It starts with the sound J."
A: "I don't know."

V: "Alright, it looks like I'm just gonna have to tell you. You will be thinking about Jesus Christ...even if you don't get any presents. That's what you should think about. Okay?"
A: "Okay."

2007~Nativity by Vince, Aubrey, & baby doll.
Apparently Mary had a blue blanket for the manger.

9 comments:

grandma jojo said...

vince could teach us all a lesson. thanks vince.
you need to send that in to the friend.

Doty Family said...

I am enjoying seeing your cute little family! Your kids are darling! I am so jealous of your fruit room!! Our food storage is under beds, in our closet, stacked in our room and kind of everywhere. Someday we'll add on and I'll have somewhere to put it!

Blackburns said...

Cute kids. Where is Cassy's blog? If she doesn't have one, tell her to get busy.
Sounds like you guys are doing good. It's good to see some of your family in the pictures.

Take Care
Emily

Sara said...

Ok that is just awesome! You guys are definitely doing something right! Such cute kids!

Heather said...

I shared your blog entry with my family last night and they are still talking about it! Dru might even use it in his talk on Sunday (does he have copyright permission?) Vince & Aubs are the cutest! One of my kids asked "is this something Josh would have said?" I think that would be a yes...just the way he expresses himself.

Cally said...

Heather, Vince has released the copyright. :) You are welcome to it. I wonder how well Vince would do thinking about Jesus if he didn't get any presents?

Allen Family said...

Hey-- it was great chatting with you the other night. We don't get to do that often enough. I didn't get to comment on your last couple blogs...man, nice work on the food storage. I need to get on the list Cassy is on--to have you do some bottling for me! How much does she pay? I'll beat it! I'd love to share in the fruits of your labors...fruits...no pun intended! Anyway, love you and miss you! I read Park your post about tree hunting, and he couldn't believe Santa visited you guys while getting your tree too! "He must have flown from New Mexico to Escalante," he said! I thought that was really cute...here's to great traditions! Miss you, and love you-- jes

Aimee said...

I love those kids!!

loriallen said...

Ok, that was adorable! WE our computer back! Thanks to Brother Paige in our ward! I love that story! Your mom told me when we were in Escalante, she got such a kick out of it! Your Blog is adorable! I updated mine, finally!! You might see some familiar faces!!