A few weeks ago Vince started wrestling. Yes, Candice, my child is wrestling. You would be so proud of me. :) He loves sports and has soooooo much energy so we try to keep him involved in something. He loves it so far. His first match was take downs only. The other kid didn't have a chance against Vince. Vince would take him down, they would stand up, and Vince would take him down again. When the match was over, Vince said, "That was easy!" His next match wasn't so "easy". He wrestled a kid who was smaller than him and who was crying before the match. So, we thought he'd work the kid over pretty good. Well, little did we know, the kid had moves. He knew so much more than Vince. He understood leverage and holds whereas Vince knew take downs...kinda. In the match Vince was pinned 4 times. Yes, 4 times in one match. He still had fun and was humbled a little. Tonight he had another match and he used a half nelson right before he pinnned his kid. So fun to watch him connecting things he learns in practice into a real match. He had fun other than being choked by one of the kids he wrestled. Here's some cute pics of the fun.
Getting ready for his first match
Let's get ready to RUUUUMMMBBBLLLLE!
Take down for 2, take down for 2, take down for 2 take him down for 2!
(I'm not even sure if he's in a scoring position, but that's the cheer that fits best.)
4 comments:
love it. good job vince.
Okay, whoever you are, quite impersonating an Allen. You can't possibly be the Cally I knew! I laughed out loud right before I passed out reading this post! Ha ha! Not really, how fun, how cute, and I can't wait until Brant is old enough! Any guess where he gets his competitive edge and energy? Hmmm...
Hi Cally...Thanks for the comment. I`m happy you found my blog too! I havent seen you in so long, its fun to catch up and be able to see your cute kids. I dont know that I have ever seen them. That`s pretty sad. Well, I`m going to add you to my friends list so I can follow your blog and keep up with what you are doing. Talk to ya soon!
Cally you sound like a cheerleader...seriously we used to do that cheer!! I"m kinda proud :) And I think we were there?? Vince did really good, even though he didn't win, i dont think he cared :) I finally put the picture of us at the Twilight movie premiere!! Be proud. Anyways hope everyone is good, give the kids hugs for me so they can remember there aunt mel :) K TTYL
-Mel
Post a Comment