Sunday, November 23, 2008

Better Late Than Never, Right?

Okay, I know that Halloween was FOREVER ago, but since I'm new to the whole blogger thing I thought I would share some of our past fun. I thought my kids looked adorable, so here's the post with some pictures. They had so much fun this year trick-or-treating. Aubrey would have been okay to just hit our neighborhood, but Vince got the great idea to go to other neighborhoods. So, while Josh took Martin home, I took the other two to "other neighborhoods". After neighborhood #2, Aubrey was done and I was carrying her. I thought we'd be good with two neighborhoods, but Vince kept saying "just one more Mom". Who can turn that down? So, by neighborhood #3, Aubrey was in the back seat extremely tired...walking in princess shoes is exhausting...and I was driving the car, following Vince. He was practically running from house to house. I had to make him stop finally.

But, as I was following him in the car I was taken back to my childhood. I remember my mom taking us to Circleville and dropping us out on the street and following us as we walked from house to house. On short streets she would just wait for us to come back. On cold years, we would run to the house, get our candy, run back to the car (with a blaring heater), Mom would drive to the next house and it would start all over again. I love to reminisce about fun times in my childhood. Especially when those memories are sparked by experiences my children are having now in their lives.

Martin was a cute little puppy dog. Thanks to my friend for the borrowed costume! Martin kept moving while I was painting his face. He couldn't figure out what I was doing.

Aubrey is really into princesses and pulling funny faces right now. But, at least she's cute enough to get away with it. She was Sleeping Beauty this year. I know, that's not a Sleeping Beauty dress, but she was happy with it. The crown didn't actually make it to trick-or-treating.

When asked what he wanted to be for Halloween, Vince emphatically said, "Nacho Libre!" We LOVE that movie in our house if you can't tell. So, a few days before Halloween I actually started to make his costume. Good thing I have a really good friend who is a really good seamstress. I'm sure I couldn't have done it without her help. I wanted it to look great, so we made sure to include lots of details. We did burn a hole into his mask with the iron the day before Halloween, but after I stayed up until 4 am that night working on the final touches, it was finished on time. When I saw the finished product it was worth the effort.

They had so much fun and Vince and Aubs took turns carrying Marty's candy bucket (through all of the neighborhoods) so that he wouldn't miss out. They really do love each other...sometimes.

7 comments:

Doty Family said...

That is the coolest costume! Holy cow, I like to sew blankets and things but have never ventured t his far with the sewing. Good job!

laceeJ said...

NaCHOOOOOOOOOOO! I LOVE it! we had a guy in our ward go around (no shirt on and sporting a huge belly) and it was HOT! :) Corbin & Dave Love Nacho! Your girl looks just like your young gal pics.

Mandee said...

I am still amazed over the Nacho costume. Seriously- AMAZED and IMPRESSED!

And I've been craving frozen raspberries ever since Saturday.

loriallen said...

Cally, your kids are beautiful! Holy Cow, great job on the costumes! Nacho Libre? C'mon, that's too good. Putting the other kids to shame....Vincent fits the part. Look at his confidence. I am so proud of him. Looks like he's got a bit of his dad in him, by looking at those photos. I think that I have seen Josh do some of those same poses!!!!! Love ya

loriallen said...

PS Aub's hair is gorgeous. Love the bangs. and her eyes...

Allen Family said...

Hey, wow, you're posting like crazy. I'm just barely getting to check in and it was fun to catch up. I'm totally jealous of the bottled food. Someday, I'll pay you to do some for me, ok? I have no clue how to bottle. I love the products though! :) Nice work on the costume, wow, you're a saint for doing that much for Halloween. The pix were great. I'm glad you're a blogger. It's a great way to keep in touch. By the way, about Christmas names...sorry we were camping and didn't get you called back. We'll take Luke and Kels, but I'm pretty sure we were supposed to have Lane and Mel-- I'm fine either way. Although I'm sure Lane and Mel will be devastated :) Anyway, if it stands as you said on the phone, email me or post on my blog k? I have no idea how we'll get the gifts home this year! Anyway, keep posting! love you, Jes-- ps, be sure to keep me on the list when you go private! Thanks!

Josh and Alison said...

Where are you guys? It's seriously been FOREVER! And your family is so cute. I was glad to get your email, I lost your e-address a long time ago. Good to see you, and yes, your kids remind me of when we were little. The boys look like your bros and Aubrey looks a lot like you. Come visit our blog!