Thursday, March 24, 2011

Halloween Memories


Anyone missing Halloween? I knew I would be, so I waited until January...nope, February...good try, okay March it is!, to do this post about Halloween. I wanted to remember it all again. Really, it was all planned! (I must admit, I started this post in January...yes, I'm lame!)

Halloween was a little hectic at our house this year. Taylor had just been born 5 days before. So, we were dealing with no sleep, adjusting to a baby, and trying to do Halloween. But, all in all, it turned out great!

The night before Halloween we always carve our pumpkins. Josh and I used to get all fancy, but now the kids love designing their own Jack-o-Lanterns. They grab a piece of paper, draw out their face, then draw it on the pumpkin, and start carving. They have lots of fun.


Mom helping Marty. No, I'm not still pregnant, but I do look that way. See that big red mark on my arm? It's from my DTAP shot. Ouch!!!





Marty was having so much fun. He loved digging out the guts!

Vince was focused!

Josh was nice enough to make one for Taylor...with a little persuasion from me.

Look at my guts!
Marty's pumpkin...too much play and not enough work!
I knew Aubrey was getting down to business when she had one knee up on the table to help
with pulling out the guts.
Vince lost his lunch...he must have eaten pumpkin seeds that day.
Marty with his pumpkin
  Aubrey with her pumpkin
 
Vince and his pumpkin
Vince always insists on doing the honors of lighting the pumpkins.
 From L to R: Taylor's (that Josh made), Marty's, Aubrey's, and Vince's pumpkins
 Vince was "Maverick" from Top Gun for Halloween. He looked pretty good. Josh found him the jumpsuit and then found pictures of the patches. We bought iron on fabric and then printed the patches onto it and then ironed them onto his suit. It looked pretty good.

Aubrey was "Sharpay" from High School Musical. (I bought it on clearance the year before because I knew we'd possibly have a new baby around Halloween. Not her first choice, but it worked.) For her school party/parade she added the fairy head band. It was quite the mix. 

Right before she left for school, Aubrey and I had this conversation:

Aubery: "Mom, I'm not Sharpay."
Me: "Really? Who are you then?"
Aubrey: "I'm the MODEST SHARPAY!"
I couldn't have been happier with her wanting to be the "modest" Sharpay!

 What a beauty...and a poser!


Aubrey and Vince strutting their stuff at the school Halloween Parade. They love those precious few seconds when they get to show off their costumes. Vince always comes home telling us that everyone loved his costume. He always has a few people that call out his costume name and he thinks it's awesome. Josh was able to go watch the kids this year because he was on "maternity leave". He was nice enough to take Vince his real headset right before the parade started. Vince thought it was awesome to be able to wear a real headset for the parade. Aubrey didn't know if the parade was all that spectacular. I think she thought they would be in an actual parade.
Goose and Maverick ready for takeoff.
A-TEN-HUT! At ease sailors!
Buzz Lightyear needed to contact space command before heading out! 
Our plan was to use Halloween costumes that I got on clearance from last year, but that didn't quite pan out. Marty asked specifically to be Buzz Lightyear. I figured if a 2 year old can tell you what he wants to be then maybe he gets his way. I'm not a pushover. I got this one off KSL for a great deal. He loved it!
My cute kiddos.
I love this picture. They are so happy!
The whole family (minus Mom - I wasn't dressed up like a pregnant woman!) We took lots of pictures waiting for the awful storm to pass. It was raining really hard, the wind was blowing and it was freezing cold. We waited long enough that the rain stopped and it turned out to be not too bad.
I need to give a shout out to my mom for finishing Marty and Aubrey's treat bags 
while I was in the hospital with Taylor. Thanks Mom!
Dad and Taylor (5 days old)
Aubrey wanted Taylor to wear her teddy bear's crown for Halloween. I had to take pics for Aubs.
Chubby Halloween princess meets Jailbird...she just got released for good behavior. :)

I just want to grab her out of the picture and squeeze her!
Marty got about 3/4ths of the way through our neighborhood and was finished. Josh started walking him across the street and I told him to finish our neighborhood. Marty said, "No, I want to eat my candy!" It was hilarious!
I love pictures of my kids with their dad. He is such a great dad! He loves his kids for sure!
Did I drop a piece of candy?

Checking out the loot...or getting ready for take off!
I love his little pudgy hands trying to dig out his candy.

Nothing could ever describe Marty better than this picture!
Okay, maybe this one! He is such a crack up. I'm so glad that he makes me laugh. 
It makes his messes bearable!



Vince and Aubs walked in the door, dumped out their candy and started trading. Josh and I were laughing so hard. They'd each find a piece they wanted to trade, they'd ponder for a second and then you'd either hear "Deal!" or heads would start shaking and you'd hear "No, no no!" It was funny!
What do I want of yours?
The day AFTER Halloween we made chocolate pretzels. Yes, they were supposed to be done before Halloween, but remember I had just had a baby.
Aubrey making her witch fingers. Yummy!

 
Vince made mummies. 

 We had a really fun Halloween this year. I am used to taking the kids around trick-or-treating so it was quite a different experience. It was interesting to try to nurse a newborn while passing out candy, but good thing I'm a pro so it all worked out. Okay, not a pro, but it still worked out. Can't wait for next year!

2 comments:

Bryce and Candice Blood Family said...

oh cally you do have such cute kids! i am still amazed at how much aubrey looks like you! glad you are adjusting to life with four enough to finish this fabulous post! halloween is hard enough without a newborn!

Allen Family said...

Ok, I'm so excited you updated your blog! I love seeing pix. Very cute! I might need to borrow your Maverick suit for Park this year. How do you feel about costume trades? :) Cute, Cute, kids! Love yer guts, Jes