Sunday, August 9, 2009

Happy Birthday Aubrey Sue

On July 21st, Aubrey turned 4! She has been waiting for this day for about 364 days! Aubrey is my only little girl and boy does she play it up. She is a feisty, prissy, emotional, loving, giggly, demanding, bossy, girly girl.

Aubrey is a princess with mud on her ball gown.

She is the girl who would spend HOURS getting ready for prom but if she saw a mud football game on her way she'd stop to play.

So, with that intro, what else would we have but a princess birthday party? Aubrey has been our neglected child. This was her first ever birthday party and was she ever excited. We have been talking about this party for months! We planned and had a special trip to the store where she got to pick out the party favors.

Her party was a few days early this year because I was going to be at Girls camp for both of our birthdays. So, the night before her party I started on her castle cake. I was up until about 2:30 am and then woke up the next morning to frantically finish just in time for the party. She LOVED the cake so it was worth every minute!



My time was running out! (Don't mind the mess on the counters. Remember I was up late and just left the mess. That morning I was throwing stuff at my kids for breakfast. It was crazy. The party was in the morning so no clean up time.)

Me putting on the finishing touches.
Finally finished.


The princesses arriving.


Vince was in charge of passing out the princess rings and magic wands. He wasn't too excited about being at a princess party, but was really excited to be in charge of helping.


The princesses making crowns. They had lots of fun decorating their own.


Look closely at the crowns. Yep, they're from Burger King. I called to ask if I could get some and they told me they were free. So, imagine how dumb I looked when I went through the drive through to pick up 20 crowns. The drive through guy was funny. He asked me what else and I told him nothing. He said, "Nothing else?!" Remember, we were unemployed at the time. We were going cheap cheap.
But, I will eventually go back and buy something to pay my respects. :)


Instead of "Pin the Tail on the Donkey",
we played...
"Kiss the Prince"


The girls thought it was funny to kiss a frog.


Aubrey getting ready to pucker up.


The big smooch!


Princesses in waiting


Most of the princesses that came to the party.


Aubrey thought it was awesome that her friends were bringing her presents.
I told you she is neglected!


Can you see the excitement? By the way, Vince and his friend made "prince" crowns. They were NOT princesses...just ask them.


More present opening




That face tells lots of stories. She was trying to not act so excited about having all of the attention. Plus, she loves candy!






The cake...aaaahhhhh! (that's angels singing)




Getting ready to blow out the candles.




Aubrey with her princess punch.

All in all, the party turned out great. She had so much fun and I think the other princesses had a great time too. Aubrey is already planning her next party in two years. I'm sure she will talk about it almost daily for 730 days!

We are so glad to have Aubrey in our family. She is such a crack up! She is always saying or doing something hilarious. Here's a few of the latest stories...

~tonight while I was rocking her (she needed some mom time)

Aubrey: "Mom, remember when Marty was in your tummy and wanted to come out?"

Mom: "Yeah Aubrey"

A:"Remember how he was trying to come out your mouth? And then they tried to cut off your head so he could come out?"

M: "What? Aubrey that's now how babies come out of my tummy."

A: "Where do they come out of? Your belly button? That would be stinky!"

Needless to say, she now kind of knows where babies come from. I couldn't let her think that they would cut my head off the next time I had a baby.

~A few weeks ago she told my sister these...

Aubrey: "Did you know that when you toot in the tub it makes bubbles?"

Cassy: "How do you know that?"

Aubrey: "Because I just did it!"

Another one...

Aubrey was eating Tootie Frooties for breakfast when she said...

A: "These don't taste anything like toots!"

One more...

She dropped something and said, "That's a darn!" Then she waited a second and said, "No, that's a darn darn!" I'm not sure you know, but apparently it's really serious if it's a darn darn. :)

We have endless stories about funny things she says. Maybe it's because she never stops talking! But, even though our ears never get a break from her, we're glad that our hearts never do either. We love you Aubrey Sue. Happy Birthday!

8 comments:

Doty Family said...

Cute princess! Isn't it funny how the second child get a little neglected in certain aspects? Mine is too. Cute cake, though. Looks like it was a great time.

loriallen said...

That girl gives everyone a run for their money! She is hilarious! I will never forget how she gets Rider to be the "Daddy" and the "doctor" and can get him to do absolutely anything she wants. Here's one: Aubs, how are your babies (she was nursing back to health baby dolls)? Aubs: "Fine...well, except for this one...she's dead." Then with a couple jerks to her dolly she says~ "She fine now!"

Ashley said...

Hi Cally I just came across your blog, hope you don't mind, but you have a darling little family!

Heather said...

My eyes are watering after reading Aubrey stories! I LOVE the picture of her behind her cake....adorable. You are a fun mom, even if you made her wait this long for a party...geez! (I hope you know I'm kidding....my kids hardly ever get parties. Briar is hopeful to have a sweet 16party this year.....hmmmm.....maybe....maybe not!)

The Morrills said...

You are just amazing with your cake making abilities!! You are so domestic!! I wish I could be like that. Every cake for Daxon's birthdays have been from Wal-Mart. I loved the cake!! So dang cute!! And what a fun princess party! I bet Aubrey loved it!! THanks for sharing all the fun pics!!

grandma jojo said...

love the pic of aubs behind her cake; so adorable.
she has quite a few infamous quotes doesn't she?
one of my favs (besides the good lookin' cows) sitting in the back seat with grandpa:
aubs - i went to calf creek (pronounced crick for those city slickers)
grandpa - oh, you went to calf creek (pronounced creek for all you country folk)
aubs - (very indignantly) it's crick!
she cracks us up. we love you aubrey sue.

laceeJ said...

WOw you're a great mom, going ALL OUT with that cake and doing the burger king drive thru LOL! Love the Kiss the prince game!!!!

Goodrich said...

THAT CAKE IS AMAZING!!! Wow can you teach me! I sure miss you, let's get together the next time I come up. Or you can come down for Time Out for Women with all of us. I would love to have you here.